Home Gallery Wall Tips
A few quick ideas to help you feel more at home in your own home...
We've all seen those fabulous gallery walls tags on Instagram that seem to just bring a room to life with a perfectly curated selection of tasteful art and memorable images...and we've probably then all thought "That looks amazing, I wonder how they did that?"
The good news is that achieving something similar for your living space is far easier than you might first think.
Here are a 5 free tips to get you going in the right direction:
- The most important rule about creating your gallery wall is that there are no rules. It's as simple as that. If you try a layout that you decide you don't like, change it. If there's a piece that has changed in meaning to you, find an alternative, then donate it to a charity shop and give it a new lease of life for somebody else to enjoy.
- Start small and focus on the journey, not the destination. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to figure how you want it to look as a whole, build it piece by piece at a pace that suits you best. Think of your gallery wall as an ongoing visual jigsaw of your life, you might not ever get to the point that you think it's "finished" but think how much enjoyment you'll get along the way.
- Make it special to you. Your gallery wall is your gallery wall, its going to make you feel more at home in your own home. Don't feel obliged to follow any kind of trend that doesn't appeal to you. Fill your gallery wall with art and images of people, places and moments that are special to you.
- Don't get trapped in a set theme. Go with the flow on what you want to include, mix up your frame sizes, styles, colours and art styles to your heart's content - there are no rules!
- Reflect your personality. You need to live with what you create, so make sure that you are comfortable looking at it. If you are a person that prefers order in your life, go with a neat, symmetrical layout, whereas if you love a more creative approach to things, just let your imagination run wild with layout and frame shapes.
Tap the strawberry above to start browsing The Trumpet Shop House Collection!
5 simple, low cost (but highly effective) ideas that will bring your home gallery wall to life for you:
- A favourite old birthday card that you've kept.
- Send yourself a postcard from each time you go on holiday, then frame it when you get home.
- A square of that lovely wallpaper you've got left over.
- A newspaper or magazine cover with a special date for you.
- That gorgeous wedding invitation from a wedding that you've been to and want to be reminded of.